The epidemiological context in Africa is characterised by ongoing outbreaks of new and recurrent infectious diseases with epidemic potential. The global pandemic of the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 played a major role in exacerbating the epidemiological situation in the African Union (AU) member states. With the founding of Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2017 Africa CDC as an autonomous health institution of the AU and the subsequent founding of the five related Regional Collaborating Centres (RCCs), health has acquired a high political profile in the AU. As a young institution still in the process of being set up, Africa CDC is faced with high demands in combating health threats on the continent; at the same time, over the past six years, Africa CDC has fostered trust and confidence across the continent, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has commissioned the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH with the project “Strengthening Crisis and Pandemic Response in Africa”. The project aims to enhance the resilience of the Africa CDC by strengthening organisational development and project management capacity as well as partnership management.
The implementing partner of the project is the Africa CDC.
“Strengthening Crisis and Pandemic Response in Africa” has two outputs
Output 1: Organisational development and project management capacity at Africa CDC has been strengthened.
Output 2: Partnership management at Africa CDC has been strengthened.
To further strengthen Africa’s public health institutions’ capacity, capabilities, and partnerships to prevent, detect and respond quickly and effectively to disease threats based on science, data-driven interventions and programmes, Africa CDC is streamlining its communication activities, to ensure the organisation is effective in its strategic communication approaches. Africa CDC intends to develop 5-year Communication Strategies and Implementation Action Plans which will then respond to the overall institution’s Corporate strategic goals.
Summary of work packages to be performed under this contract:
- Conduct a situational analysis and a stakeholder analysis through engagement with Africa CDC, surveys, and desk reviews
- Developing Africa CDC’s communication strategies (in total four) and respective action plans participatory and consultative approach:
- Africa CDC Corporate Communication Strategy
- Africa CDC Internal Communication Strategy
- Africa CDC Digital and Social Media Strategy
- Africa CDC Continental Risk Communication and Community Engagement Strategy
- Socialisation of the strategies and action plans in a validation meeting with Africa CDC
How to apply
Please request all tender documents via email from AU_Bidderquestions@giz.de by mentioning on your email subject “83439489_Africa CDC Communication Strategies “.
Tender documents include:·
GIZ invitation letter
1. Bidding conditions
2. General Terms and Conditions of Contract (AVB local)
3. Terms of Reference (ToR)
4. Technical assessment grid
5. Price Sheet
6. Eligibility Self Declaration
7. Specimen for association clause (if relevant)
8. Extract from Act against Restraints on Competition (GWB)
Deadline: 15 June 2023