Strengthened public health science and improved public health decision-making and practice to achieve positive health outcomes.
- Establish Africa CDC public health research agenda with goals and objectives that address priority health issues, which may include certain suitable capacities.
- Strengthen public health research capacity within public institutions, in partnership with academic institutions in Member States.
- Promote collaboration and coordination among existing networks for conducting research on priority public health research issues.
- Re-characterize the known burden of “disease” and other health concerns from a continental and/or regional perspective (core epi, clinical descriptive).
- Assess the effectiveness of existing public health interventions on health conditions that have been prioritized by the health policy instruments of the African Union.
- Support research on surveillance methodologies: quality interventions and innovative technologies.
- Apply multi-sectoral/cross-cutting One Health strategies to the Africa CDC public health research agenda.