Orientation training for COVID-19 & Community Health Workers
• Community Health Workers (CHWs) are an essential part of the Partnership to Accelerate COVID-19 Testing (PACT) Initiative • Africa CDC set up PACT to drive forward the Africa Union Joint Continental Strategy for COVID-19 which aims to:
• Prevent the spread of COVID-19
• Prevent deaths from COVID-19
• Reduce the social and economic harm linked to with COVID-19 in Africa
• The purpose of this training module is to give CHWs a rapid orientation to work in the COVID-19 response
• It focuses particularly on CHW tasks in the TRACE component of PACT as well as how they will support the TEST and TREAT components.