Epidemic curve for confirmed and probable cases by date of onset
10th Ebola outbreak, DRC, 2018–2019
Africa CDC response activities this week
- The Regional Collaborating Centres continued to support information sharing and preparedness by Member States in the Central, Eastern and Southern Africa regions.
- Africa CDC experts supported tracing of 2284 contacts and investigation of 1122 alerts, including active case-finding for 416 suspected cases.
- Africa CDC teams visited 68 health care facilities and trained 187 health care workers in infection prevention and risk communication. They accompanied 187 health care workers to ensure compliance with infection prevention measures.
- Africa CDC-supported laboratories received and tested 1380 samples.
- No major security incidents were reported this week but the security situation remains fragile and responders are carrying out their activities with caution in some of the locations.
Update on deployment of Africa CDC experts by site