Under the supervision of the Head of Division, Community Health System, the Senior Technical Officer, Community Health system will be responsible for carrying out a variety of technical and programme management and implementation activities in the area of primary Health care, Community Health Systems and its broader linkages to the prevention and control of infectious Diseases, (NCDs),endemic diseases in service of Regional Collaborating Centers (RCC) and National Public Health Institutes (NPHI) activities and programmes in AU Member States.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Community Health Service Technical Officer shall perform the following major duties and
- Provide technical support and advice to Member States in the implementation of the Africa CDC
Community Health Systems strategies, and assessing the needs for developing and implementing
Community Health Systems strategies and action plans;
- Provide technical guidance to the Africa CDC leadership, RCCs, CHW TWG and capacity building
support to Member States on areas related to community Health Systems strengthening.
- Support the CHW Unit Strategy implementation part of the overall Africa CDC strategic plan.
- Support the advocacy and coordination role for harmonized approaches and optimal resource utilization at Africa CDC, RCCs, Partners and Member States for strong and sustainable Community Health Systems at all levels.
- Support the coordination of external relations (Technical Partners, Donors) in partnership with the
Community Health Systems Lead, including regular communications, meetings, presentations and
- Through Existing National Strategies and with support from other organizations, fill gaps, foster
synergies and continue collaboration to strengthen community health systems in Member States.
- Support the Community Health Worker Unit resource Mobilization through Community Health
System proposal’s development.