Date: Dec 15, 2023
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 9000043
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Shari
Reports to: Head, MIS Division
Directorate/Department/Organ: Africa CDC
Division: Management Information System
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P3
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Purpose of Job
The Senior Systems and Network Security Officer is responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of the institution’s technology systems and networks, as well as developing and implementing security policies, procedures, and protocols to safeguard against cyber threats and data breaches. Working closely with the MIS team, the officer monitors and analyzes network traffic and system logs to detect vulnerabilities and threats, while collaborating with other departments to identify security risks and design mitigating strategies. With this pivotal role, the Senior Systems and Network Security Officer ensures the highest level of resilience and security across Africa CDC’s network and systems, safeguarding the institution’s critical IT infrastructure and data
- Develop Africa CDC’s ICT security governance frameworks
- Liaise with stakeholders on ICT security matters and develop security policies to ensure the highest level of security and resilience across Africa CDC’s network and systems
- Design, implement and manage robust security measures, policies, and procedures to protect the institution’s digital assets
- Mitigate cybersecurity risks to maintain uninterrupted network and system operations, ensuring the highest level of security for the institution’s critical digital assets.
- Develop and implement information systems security policies, procedures, and protocols to protect Africa CDC’s technology systems and networks.
- Lead the monitoring and assessment of potential information systems security threats and vulnerabilities, and take proactive measures to address them.
- Implement and manage firewall configurations, intrusion detection systems, and access controls.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify security risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Manage the overall security of Africa CDC’s systems and network infrastructure.
- Liaise with stakeholders to address security concerns and provide expertise on security matters.
- Lead the implementation of cybersecurity measures to safeguard Africa CDC’s information assets.
- Develop and update security policies in alignment with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Respond promptly to security incidents, conduct forensic investigations, and implement corrective actions.
- Keep abreast of evolving cybersecurity threats and technologies to adapt security measures accordingly.
- Educate and train staff on ICT security best practices and awareness
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information System, Informatics or a related field.
- Training and Certification on cyber security or network security or internet security or related industrial certification
- Seven (7) years for Masters or ten (10) years for Bachelor Degree holders of relevant experience and three (3) years at expert level in system and network security management in complex and distributed environments
- Strong knowledge of network and systems security, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and encryption technologies.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity frameworks and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead security initiatives and develop security policies.
- Ability to lead professional exchange of information with colleagues in the professional community on such questions as use of language and software and with vendors to collect/exchange information on technology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with stakeholders on security matters, to meet and deal with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent narrative reporting skills;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Resourceful and skilled at collecting, analyzing and using data to recommend, make and communicate decisions of a technical nature lay audiences;
- Demonstrated ability with regards to usage of computer MS Office applications.
Accountable and Complies with Rules
Communicating with Influence
Job Knowledge and information sharing
Drive for Results
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The Appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of one (1) year, of which the first three (3) months will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract may be renewed for a similar period subject to funding availability, satisfactory performance and agreed deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese, and Spanish) is mandatory and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 96,921.34 (P3 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 78,461.08 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Applications must be submitted no later than January 15, 2023 11h59 p.m. EAT.
-Only candidates who meet all job requirements and are selected for interviews will be contacted.
-Consideration will be given only to those candidates who have submitted a fully completed online application with a curriculum vitae (CV), an African passport, and the required academic qualifications, such as Diplomas, Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees and any relevant certificate in line with the area of expertise.
-The African Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
-Candidates from less represented countries within the African Union are strongly encouraged to apply for positions that fit their profiles. These countries include Algeria, Angola, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Sahrawi D.R., Sao Tome and Principe., Seychelles, Somalia and Tunisia.
Requisition ID: 2082