Date: Oct 24, 2023
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Shari
Reports to: Director of Administration
Directorate/Department/Organ: Africa CDC
Division: Supply Chain Management
Number of Direct Reports: 2
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P5
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Purpose of Job
Directs and manages the daily operations of the Supply Chain Division in order to achieve the strategic objectives of the Division and the Africa CDC’s overall goals.
• Designs and implements policies, programs and projects to achieve the Division’s strategic objectives.
• Manages and supervises employees within the division, ensures the timely delivery of the Division’s goals and effective staff performance evaluation;
• Designs policies, strategies and programs to contribute to the effective implementation of relevant Africa CDC’s Decisions;
• Ensures the delivery of the division’s annual targets in line with the institution’s overall goals and ensures robust and timely monitoring and reporting;
• Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of the Division
• Manages the work of the Division and supervises direct reports to ensure their effective performance in line with the organization’s performance management policy and system;
• Engages stakeholders within Members States and Regional Economic Communities (RECs)/Regional Mechanisms(RMs) and relevant international organisations in designing and implementing strategies.
• Maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Division;
• Maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member States and partner institutions in the execution of the Division’s mandate.
• Represents the organisation and communicates its position at conferences.
• Contributes to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitor budget execution at division level.
• Ensures the effective management of funds contributed to the organization;
• Manages risk within the division and recommends mitigation strategies
• Contributes to the development of the Division’s business continuity plan and ensures implementation
• Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
• Ensures coordination and monitoring of the overall workplan for the Supply Chain Division activities and takes the lead in consolidating the required human and financial resources for an effective enabling capacity.
• Reviews evaluation reports and approves contracts within his/her delegated authority.
• Develops policies and procedures for efficient operation of the Division
• Acts as Secretary to Internal Procurement Committee and Tender Board
• Leads the development of annual and periodic plans and reports thereof for the Division
• Coordinates with relevant stakeholders to mobilise resources for the Division’s activities.
• Guides the preparation of logical detailed and accurate responses to audit queries on matters relating to the Supply chain operations.
• Ensures that all workflows, processes and systems in place are relevant, cost effective and ultimately promote continuous improvement in the quality and delivery of services.
• Provides strategic advice to the Director of Operations and Top Management; provides authoritative technical and policy advice on all aspects of Supply Chain.
• Establishes priorities and sets management performance goals for staff in his/her line of supervision. Recommends and coordinates training programs for staff.
• Leads change and improvement for Supply Chain operations.
• Actively engages in management performance duties. Ensures the provision of management, guidance, development, training, constructive feedback, performance evaluation and appraisal, and provision of administrative support and other management functions to staff in the areas of his/her responsibility.
• Maintains active communication and ensures the effective exchange of information between the Division and relevant stakeholders.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Master’s Degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Public Administration, Business Administration, Law, Business Leadership, or Finance with at least twelve (12) years’ relevant work experience in Administration, Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics, Project and Programme management out of which seven (7) years at managerial level and five (5) years in a supervisory role.
• Ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally disparate partners
• Negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to develop and delegate clear program goals, plans and actions, including budgets, that are consistent with agreed strategies
• Leadership skills
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (English, French, Arabic, Portuguese, Kiswahili or Spanish), fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Foster Accountability Culture
Communicating with impact
Job Knowledge and information sharing
Drive for Results
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The Appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of one (1) year, of which the first three (3) months will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract may be renewed for a similar period subject to funding availability, satisfactory performance and agreed deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese, and Spanish) is mandatory and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 126,440.93 (P5 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 108,357.41 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Applications must be submitted no later than November 24, 2023 11h59 p.m. EAT.
-Only candidates who meet all job requirements and are selected for interviews will be contacted.
-Consideration will be given only to those candidates who have submitted a fully completed online application with a curriculum vitae (CV), an African passport, and the required academic qualifications, such as Diplomas, Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees and any relevant certificate in line with the area of expertise.
-The African Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
-Candidates from less represented countries within the African Union are strongly encouraged to apply for positions that fit their profiles. These countries include Algeria, Angola, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Sahrawi D.R., Sao Tome and Principe., Seychelles, Somalia and Tunisia
Requisition ID: 2039