Epidemic curve for confirmed and probable cases by date of onset
10th Ebola outbreak, DRC, 2018–2019
Africa CDC response activities this week
- The Regional Collaborating Centres continued to support preparedness in Member States, including sharing information and discussing preparedness plans during the weekly ECHO sessions.
- Africa CDC volunteers and experts supported tracing of 1020 contacts and investigation of 1184 alerts, including active casefinding for 292 suspected cases.
- Africa CDC teams made 24 visits to health care facilities and trained 53 health care workers in infection prevention and risk communication. They evaluated 2 health care facilities and accompanied 49 health care workers to ensure compliance with infection prevention measures.
- Africa CDC-supported laboratories in Butembo, Bunia, Komanda, Bukavu, Mambasa, and Goma received and tested 1508 samples.
- Response activities remained suspended during the week in Beni.
- The African Union hosted the Africa Against Ebola Forum on Monday, 2 December 2019, to raise funds for the Ebola outbreak response. Pledges were obtained from some participating agencies and partners.