Epidemic curve for confirmed and probable cases by date of onset
10th Ebola outbreak, DRC, 2018–2019
Update on deployment of Africa CDC experts by site
- The Regional Collaborating Centres continued to support information sharing and preparedness by Member States in the Central, Eastern and Southern Africa regions.
- Africa CDC experts supported tracing of 1050 contacts and investigation of 459 alerts, including active casefinding for 416 suspected cases.
- Africa CDC teams visited 8 health care facilities and trained 14 health care workers in infection prevention and risk communication. They accompanied 5 health care workers to ensure compliance with infection prevention measures.
- Africa CDC-supported laboratories received and tested 270 samples.
- There were reports of security incidences in Makeke and along Mangina-Beni road resulting the abduction and release of some people and the death of seven people. As a result laboratories in those areas were closed and their samples sent to other laboratories.
Africa CDC response activities this week