The Head of the Community Health Division will assume the role of the technical leader and coordinator for the Community Health program. She/he will play a vital role in shaping the design, planning, and execution of strategic initiatives aimed at enhancing Continental Community Health systems. The responsibilities will encompass orchestrating and guiding the strategic planning, execution, monitoring, and assessment of activities and programs within the Community Health Division. The division’s primary objective is to strengthen Africa’s Community Health workforce, programs, and systems while integrating Community Health Workers into the broader healthcare system, ensuring their institutionalization and financial sustainability.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Head of Community Health Division within Africa CDC shall:
- Provide technical leadership for the division of Community Health and manage and supervise
employees within the division with regard to the department goals objectives including
- Lead the team to set goals, priorities and performance indicators for the unit and design and plan
policy programs to achieve the strategies.
- Lead Continental strategy for capacity building of Member states, scaling-up, and strengthening of
the Community Health Workforce on the African continent.
- Engage stakeholders within Members States and RCCs in designing and implementing strategies
to develop community health systems and programs.
- Assist the Director to coordinate efforts to develop Africa CDC legal frameworks, technical
standards, tools, and operational platforms and policies, guidance, and mechanisms to guide and
facilitate the implementation, evaluation and provision of feedback.
- Lead the establishment, implementation and sustainability of the Continental Community Health